Friday, March 13, 2009

Superstitions

Today is Friday the 13th. For some, that is a bad thing. I don't really worry about 13 being unlucky. I read yesterday that this year will be an especially unlucky year because we will have 3 Friday the 13s in it (February, March and November). This only happens every 11 years. To me, it us just another Friday...one of my favorite days of the week. I also don't worry about black cats crossing my path, walking under ladders, and stepping on cracks in the pavement. Maybe it is because I am left handed and which can be considered unlucky.  I do, however, throw salt over my shoulder when I spill it. I wonder why I do that little bit of superstitious nonsense and not the others?

2 comments:

Lin said...

I'm not a believer in that, but sometimes I think my "stars" aren't in alignment, as I seem to rub everyone the wrong way. Those are the days when I hunker down in the house and try to lay low. I'm sure it is the rest of the world and not me. :)

Lisa R said...

I've never found Friday the 13th unlucky, either.