Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Dryer

For about a month, the dryer has been giving me a little trouble. I have been fiddling with the knobs and that had seemed to have worked. On Thursday, my fixes were no longer working. I mentioned to Phillip that I would be calling the repairman. He said he wanted to look at it. "Mr. Fix-It", as he refers to himself, is not all that handy. He has a lot of great skills, but fixing stuff is not one of his greatest skills. He goes and looks at it, and later comes to me and announces proudly, "Mr. Fix-It has done it again!" I go and look. This is the fix. I have to say it does work for about 12-20 minutes at a time. I can only coax it to work about half of the time, so I have to frequently call "Mr. Fix-It" to come and do his magic. He said that as long as he has rubber bands and knobs, all will be well.

2 comments:

Lin said...

Okay, I won't laugh. But I am. Uh, may I suggest a repairman now or perhaps a new dryer?! Tell him you are stimulating the economy or whatever. I'm thinking the "rubber band fix" isn't going to last.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...brings to mind the Cosby Show as lame as that sounds:) Good luck with it! How to get a repair man without shooting down his ego....