Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Getting Work Out of the Cat

I went to the computer room to check email and such, and I found Pretty working on the computer. Usually she is very sneaky and I don't catch her doing "work". I told her about all of the other things I could use help with around the house, such as vacuuming, doing the dishes or laundry, picking up all of the dog toys, etc. She just looked at me and gave that cat look that said "Lady, you know I am a cat, therefore, I don't do what you want me to." She then jumped off of the chair, found a corner, and went to sleep.

Sometimes I want to be a cat.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sometimes I wish I were a cat, too. I could sleep all day and nobody would even think twice about it.

Lin said...

Yeah! Why don't they help out?! Like scrubbing toilets or doing laundry. No, instead I get blobs of cat fur stuck here and there, like it's my gratuity for letting them live here. And sometimes, if I'm really lucky....I can clean up cat barf. Sigh. Even if they just cleaned up after themselves it would be nice.