Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Book of Quotes

A couple of years ago, one of my Girl Scout co-leaders gave me a book she made. It is a great little book and I love it. I couldn't decide what to use it for. Finally, I decided to use it to write down quotes I love. I love to collect quotes. I like to go through the book and read them. I wish I were as insightful as those whose quotes I have written down. I will just be insightful enough to make them important enough to go in my book of quotes.

My three favorites ones are:

1. "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." Helen Keller

2. "It is choice -not chance- that determines your destiny." Jean Nidetch

3. "People may not remember what you did or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel." Author Unknown

3 comments:

Lisa R said...

I love quotes!

Lin said...

That's a good idea. Make sure to put some Dalai Lama ones in there--he's my favorite.

Here's one I love:

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."

Merry said...

Lisa- I knew we would have something else in common.

Lin- The Dalai Lama! I am lacking in that area. I like the one you posted. I will add that one and look for more.