Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ballet Shoes

Today Robyn's Advanced Ballet class took the picture for the cover of the review program. The girls all showed up wearing comfortable shoes and then changed into Pointe shoes. Robyn had her trusty Converse on. I remember when I was growing up, it always seemed that when I went dress shopping, I had tennis shoes on. I remember Mom commenting about it and how it was kind of distracting to the look of the dress. That thought came back to me today while looking at all of these ballerinas wearing tennis shoes, flip flops and other types of shoes. It was like two ends of a spectrum. I loved it.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

This is such a great shot. And all the little girls who want comfortable shoes will grow up to be woman who want comfortable shoes. I wish I could wear pink Converse to work!

Anonymous said...

full circle:)

Lin said...

That is so cute! I love the photo.

Merry said...

Kathy- Robyn takes after her mom. No uncomfortable shoes please. She is a super casual kind of girl.

Nancy and Lin- She didn't want me to take the picture, but it reminded me so much of when I was her age...a study of contrasts.