Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Things I Find Funny


I think this sign is hysterical. I always have. When I would come home on the weekends while in college, I would pass this sign and crack up. I have always wanted to take a picture of this sign. Baptist and Pumpkin Center are two small towns outside of Hammond. That they would be on the same sign is wonderful. I think about whether there should be a Methodist Pumpkin Center, a Catholic Pumpkin Center, or even a Jewish Pumpkin Center. I had to take a picture of this sign on the way home from Nana's. Robyn thought I was nuts. She doesn't see the humor in it. That's ok. I laugh about it enough for the both of us. By the way...the sign is only funny if you are heading east on I-12. Going west it reads Pumpkin Center Baptist. Not as funny.

2 comments:

Lin said...

I think it's funny too, Merry! We must have the same sense of humor. Add to that how punchy you get while driving for long periods of time---just about anything is funny at that point!

Unknown said...

I love stuff like that! Thanks for sharing.