Thursday, February 3, 2011

La Mia Bellezza

For Christmas, I knit Robyn's roommate, Alyce, a pair of fingerless mitts inspired by the more "Twilight". I am not a fan and I don't know if she is either. I just liked the way the mittens looked. I decided to knit another pair, this time making them shorter. One of the wonderful things about Ravelry is that the knitters will often take the time to put into their project pages information on how they modified a pattern. You can see what they did and then take that information to use in your project. I used two modifications on these mitts. One to change them from mittens to fingerless mitts. With the cable pattern, I wanted to see what was a good point in the pattern to stop and bind off. The other was to make them shorter. The original pattern has the mittens going 3/4 of the way to the elbow. I wanted them around 1 1/2 inch past the wrist. Both of the mods worked great. I made my own additional mod by making the palm in seed stitch. I like how the palm area turned out. If I make them again, I will play with the palm area a little, just to center it a bit more. I think they turned out great.

This is #5 in my 11 fingerless mitts in 2011.