Saturday, February 27, 2010

LSU Baseball

If I had to choose one sport to watch, it would be baseball. I love it. It is such a team sport. The players have to rely on each other to win the game. Sure there are outstanding players, but baseball doesn't seem (at least to me) to be skewed toward certain players as other sports can be. When you add my love of baseball to my love for LSU, you get a perfect day. A day that is hard to beat. I was excited when Phillip suggested the game. I had not seen a live LSU game. Lots on TV, but never one in person. I never made it to the old Alex Box Stadium even though I was there for 6 1/2 years. Pitiful, but I must confess my love for baseball has grown over the years. Anyway, we went to the game with Phillip's friend, Danny. It was cold. We were sitting in the bleachers in the shade. The wind was blowing right at us and we (Phillip and I) were big whiny babies about it. The concession stands were out of hot chocolate and coffee and our hands were frozen. LSU is unbeaten so far this season, but they were getting cremated by William and Mary in the middle of the 6th 8-0. They could not get any rally started at all. By that time I had had enough. I am a die hard fan and will stay to the end of a rout, unless I am miserable. I was there. We left and headed home. We tried to get the game on the radio but could not find a station with it on. When we got home, we checked the score. We missed a doozy. LSU rallied back in the bottom of the 6th to tie it 8-8 and went on to win the game 10-9. I would have loved to have seen that magic. Note to self...next time check the weather and come prepared.

0 comments: